Welcome to the 2017 Summer Youth Earn & Learn
Employment Program (SYELP) application process. Applications will be
accepted through April 7, 2017.
You will only be notified of the status of your application by email. If
you do not have an email, create one through eithergmail.com,
hotmail.com or ymail.com. We cannot guarantee a response if your application is
not submitted using a private email.
To submit an application, you must:
1. Be between 14 and 21 years old by 7/1/2017
2. Be a resident of one of the cities/towns we serve (see document #3 - 20
Eligible Towns for Southwestern Connecticut)
3. Be eligible to work in the United States
4. Be eligible for free or reduced lunch, or the total of the family income
does not exceed 185% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see document #2)
If you are not enrolled in school, you must meet one of the following:
A. Be a member of a family:
1. That is receiving food stamps or cash assistance from the State or
2. Whose total family income does not exceed 185% of the Federal Poverty
Guidelines (see document #2) or
B. You are under DCF Care
We anticipate instituting a lottery due to high demand and limited slots.
Eligible applicants who are randomly selected are required to interview with
WorkPlace staff and submit all required documents. Applications are only
accepted online. No in-person or paper applications will be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Information is collected
through a secure, encrypted website and will onlybe used
for the 2017 SYELP and only be shared with The WorkPlace and SYELP partners.