Under our new bylaws adopted last year, Section 15.01, Amendment. The Bylaws of the Association may be
altered, amended, or repealed by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the
members voting, provided, appropriate notice of the general nature of the
proposed change in the Bylaws shall have been given in the notice of the
meeting. Meetings may be in person or virtual/electronic via the use of written
or electronic ballot.
Tentatively the process for considering amendments is (pending board
adoption at their March meeting):
- All proposed amendments must be submitted
at least 75 days prior to the ACPE Annual Meeting.
- The ACPE Board shall meet to make one of
the following recommendation to the ACPE Membership:
- Recommend approval (with or
- Recommend disapproval (with
or without comment).
- No recommendation, left to
the wisdom of the membership.
- During the 75 period, proposed changes
will be circulated to the membership for 45 days for comment.
- Unless otherwise directed by the Board,
Members will have the opportunity to discuss proposed changes at the
- To maximize participation, voting on Bylaw
changes will ordinarily occur via electronic ballot after the Annual
A handful of members have been discussing changes to the new bylaws in
the ACPE’s online community, the ACPExchange. From those discussions, the
proposed amendments have been submitted. Members are welcome to submit feedback
until April 15th.